For the eighth and final step in the decision making process you will evaluate the process itself. You do this in the spirit of continuous process improvement. This will improve your future decision making process and outcomes.
Here are some questions to ask yourself regarding your process:
- For good outcomes:
- What process steps were the most useful?
- What could you have done to make the good outcomes even better?
- For negative outcomes:
- Did the process fail or was it circumstances beyond your control?
- Did you skip steps?
- Were there some steps you did not give sufficient time and energy?
- Did you anticipate and plan for this negative outcome? If not, what would you have done different?
The next post will be the final post in the Decision Making series and I will summarize and give you some additional thoughts on the topic.