If your organization is embarking on creating a PMO, congratulations! You will typically find one in the best run companies. If you are not sure how to go about it, I will offer some guidance and suggestions in the upcoming series of posts.
Creating a PMO is a goal. Presumably, you want to have it done by a target date. The combination of a goal and a target date means you have a project! You should treat the establishment of a PMO as a project and use formal project management techniques to do so.
Here are the topics I will address in this series:
- Part 2 – The Business Objectives
- Part 3 – The Project Objectives
- Part 4 – The Stakeholders
- Part 5 – The Scope
- Part 6 – The Timeline and the Budget
- Part 7 – Risks, Constraints, Dependencies
- Part 8 – Summary